Buying, or selling, a home should not be restricted to the spring, summer, or even fall. Winter can be a good time to go house hunting as well. Yes, we know the weather isn’t always ideal, and we are all busy with holiday preparations and celebrations; but do not let these factors stop you from finding your dream home.
While many focus on the negatives of buying in the winter, there are definitely positives too. This recent post from Massachusetts Real Estate News highlights the benefits of continuing your search and even scheduling your move during the colder, New England months.
Here are a few reasons why:
- There’s less competition than trying to buy in the spring or summer
- Sellers and their realtors are more motivated
- Moving companies are not overbooked, and tend to be more available
- Your home could close faster
- Sellers often have extenuating circumstances for listing their home
- Lock-in low interest rates now
- You can see how your potential home performs during the winter months
After you’ve read the full post and gone over the pros and cons for buying in the winter, search current inventory in your area and set up a meeting with a local realtor to discuss your next move. Winter may just be the perfect season!