It’s a new year. While we’ll all take some time to reflect on 2017, there’s no denying that 2018 is in full swing. If you are thinking of buying a home or selling your home this year, start planning now.
It appears we’ll see very little change in the real estate forecast for buyers and sellers. This is according to a recent poll conducted by Trulia and featured in U.S. News & World Report on December 13, 2017. According to the article, buyers need to remain diligent and sellers can be very optimistic.
The main reason again this year…inventory is expected to stay low. If you are thinking of buying or selling, make a “to do” list and start working on it now. This will put you in great shape ahead of the spring market (hint, hint…it will start earlier than you think!).
Here’s a list to help get you started:
- Interview realtors: Sign on with someone who’s attentive and available. This will matter when you are dealing with multiple offers.
- Get your financing in order: Meet with a financial professional to understand your options.
- Start to declutter your home or apartment: This will help make packing easier, whether you’re buying or selling. Check the tips in the Infographic below from Houselogic.com. They will make getting started less painful.
- Plan your next move: Research areas, neighborhoods, home values, etc. (Hint: a real estate professional can help with this and provide a CMA – comparative market analysis – for your property!)
- Don’t rule out getting started early: Work with your realtor and follow the market in your area. Listing your home or buying a home early might put you ahead of the competition.