With a few 80 degree days under our belts in New England we can officially declare that spring has arrived! We love where we live year round, and as the weather gets warmer we yearn to be outside. Luckily Massachusetts’ Essex County offers lots of places to visit and things to do outside in the spring and summertime.
A recent postcard mailer from our office highlighted some locations around Essex County from the coast to our quaint New England towns. Here are a few of those spots to check off your list:
- Appleton Farm (Ipswich)
- Bald Hill Reservation (Boxford)
- Beach Bluff Park (Swampscott)
- Clipper City Rail Trail (Newburyport)
- Eastern Marsh Trail (Salisbury)
- Joppa Flats Education Center (Plum Island-Newburyport)
- Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary (Topsfield)
- Plum Island (Newburyport)
- Ravenswood Park (Gloucester)
- Salisbury Beach State Reservation (Salisbury)
- Winnekenni Castle & Park (Haverhill)
- Woodsom Farm (Amesbury)
This is really just a sampling of all the places and things Essex County has to offer. If you are looking for more ideas, be sure to visit the Essex National Heritage Area website. Hopefully you’ll find some new places to visit and things to do. We know we did, and we can’t wait to get out, explore and enjoy!